The best treatment for mold in the home is to clean the moldy surface with detergent and water and let the surface dry completely. Always wear a respirator, gloves and goggles when handling mold. Once mold is removed, make sure that the moisture problem is fixed to avoid a recurrence.Continue Reading
Humidity and condensation are two of the most common causes for mold. To avoid these, keep good air flow in the house and use dehumidifiers if necessary.
In nature, mold travels in the form of spores and serves the purpose of breaking down dead organic material. Mold is harmful in the home because it can cause allergic reactions and rot the wood in walls and windows.
Homeowners can safely clean up small amounts of mold, but professionals should handle mold that covers more than 10 square feet.Learn more about Cleaning