If exposure to Clorox fumes leads to symptoms of poisoning, immediately move the affected person to an area with fresh air, according to MedlinePlus. If the chemical is on the victim's skin or in his eyes, flush the affected area with water for 15 minutes. Do not make the victim throw up. If the poison was swallowed, immediately administer water or milk to the victim.Continue Reading
Clorox contains the poisonous ingredient of sodium hypochlorite, which is also included in the chemicals used to add chlorine to swimming pools, disinfectants, household cleaners and water purifiers, according to MedlinePlus. Clorox and other bleaches should never be mixed with ammonia. The interaction between the two cleaners creates a gas poisonous with fumes that cause breathing problems and choking. Symptoms of sodium hypochlorite poisoning include coughing, burning red eyes, gagging and pain in the mouth, throat and esophagus.
Victims may also experience chest pains, low blood pressure, slow heartbeat and shock. Victims who swallow the substance experience vomiting and stomach pain. If exposed to the skin, sodium hypochlorite causes burns and blistering. In severe cases, the victim may suffer from delirium or go into a coma. Diluted sodium hypochlorite generally causes only minor stomach upset if swallowed, notes MedlinePlus.Learn more about Cleaning Products
Mix 1/2 cup of Clorox per gallon of water for outdoor use. The mixture can be prepared in just a few minutes and used to clean decks, outdoor furnishings and some types of vinyl siding.Full Answer >
Clorox disinfecting wipes are cleaning products made by the Clorox Company. Clorox wipes are used for cleaning any surface and claim to kill 99.9 percent of viruses and bacteria. The Clorox Company makes laundry, cleaning, and toilet and bath products.Full Answer >
Clorox bleach is harmful to the skin. It is advised to wear a pair of gloves while using this product as it can cause skin irritation, rashes and discomfort.Full Answer >
Mixing bleach and Windex releases toxic gases and produces toxic chemicals. S. C. Johnson & Sons, Inc. reports that one of the ingredients in Windex Original is ammonia. When ammonia and sodium hypochlorite, the primary ingredient in bleach are mixed, they produce chloramine vapor; there is also the potential for hydrazine formation. Experts recommend avoiding mixing these two solutions, even in small amounts.Full Answer >