To remove a Hampton Bay ceiling fan, turn off the electricity, remove the light bulbs and shades, remove the canopy, unhook the fan from the mounting bracket and disconnect the wiring. Consult the owner's manual for instructions on specific models.
Hampton Bay ceiling fans are typically either installed with standard or close-to-ceiling mounting, and the removal process varies depending on the installation. To remove a standard-mount ceiling fan:
- Turn off the power Turn off the power at the main electrical panel and turn all wall switches to the off position as well. Use a circuit tester to ensure the power is off.
- Label the wires Label the wires if the switch uses dual-switch wiring. This is if one switch controls the light and another switch controls the fan.
- Remove the bulbs and globes Screw out the light bulbs and then remove the decorative globes or shades. Many are attached to a metal collar with three screws.
- Remove the canopy Remove the two screws connecting the canopy to the ceiling mounting bracket, lowering the canopy to expose the bracket.
- Disconnect the wires Slightly lift the fan up to remove the hanger ball from the bracket, then lower the ceiling fan away from the mounting bracket to expose the wiring. Disconnect the wiring connecting the fan to the ceiling.
- Remove the fan Once the wiring is disconnected, remove the ceiling fan.