R.S. Prussia marks are found on the bottom of certain porcelain manufactured by the Reinhold Schlegelmilch Porcelain Factory from 1869 to 1918. The most popular R.S. Prussia mark is a semi-circular wreath with three green-leafed branches surrounding "R" and "S." A star hovers above, and "Prussia" is printed below.
The star, lettering and wreath outline uses a rust-like red color. A second R.S. Prussia mark of the same design is printed entirely in green. Lesser-used marks include an arrow, used between 1889 and 1892, and a wing symbol, used between 1895 and 1900. Since nearly half of R.S. Prussia pieces were not marked at all, forged stamps began appearing as early as 1940 and were sold in decal, transfer and stamp form.