Getting rid of mold on a windowsill is a relatively simple process that you can complete in varying amounts of time depending on the size of the surface. To complete the process, you need gloves, a tarp, a dust mask, sandpaper, some rags, bleach, water and a brush.Continue Reading
Put your dust mask on to avoid breathing in any dangerous airborne mold spores. Place the tarp on the floor surrounding your window. This allows you to prevent any mold spores from becoming embedded in the floor.
Open the window in order to ventilate your workspace and allow the windowsill to air-dry more easily later on. Mix together one part bleach to three parts of water, and use your brush to scrub down any areas with mold. It is okay if there are a few stains that are too difficult to remove from the mold completely.
Leave the window open, and allow the windowsill to dry completely. Once it dries completely, rinse away any residue with a water-soaked rag. Allow the surface to dry before sanding down any areas that still have mold stains.
The best treatment for mold in the home is to clean the moldy surface with detergent and water and let the surface dry completely. Always wear a respirator, gloves and goggles when handling mold. Once mold is removed, make sure that the moisture problem is fixed to avoid a recurrence.Full Answer >
To get rid of mold, locate it, empty the room and wash the molded surface multiple times. You need a tape measure, a bucket, a sponge, water, detergent, bleach, duct tape, plastic sheeting and safety equipment. It takes roughly 2 hours.Full Answer >
To clean black mold, wash the surface of the material with soap and water, and then disinfect the area with bleach or a commercial mold killer. Some porous materials must be replaced if the mold cannot be removed.Full Answer >
Ozone is not an effective substance for use in killing any kind of mold, as it has proven to have little to no positive impact on killing either airborne or surface mold contamination. Ozone is actually more harmful than helpful, as it is a proven lung irritant.Full Answer >