How Do You Request a Recall for Federal Pacific Electric Breakers?


Quick Answer

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission website, SaferProducts.gov, provides a link to report an unsafe product. Click on the link and fill out the form to begin the process.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

On SaferProducts.gov, choose the type of report needed from the drop menu in Question 1. There are different reports for consumers, health care professionals and government agencies. In Question 2, select Home Maintenance and Structures from the Product Category drop menu to report on electrical breakers. Select a preferred method of reporting: online, phone, e-mail or postal mail.

To file online, either log in with a user account or continue without registering. Registered users can save reports to finish later. On the next screen, write a description of the incident, providing as much detail as possible. This helps the agency understand fully what happened. Next, specify the date and location of the incident and click on the green Next icon. This brings up the People & Injuries section, which asks for details on who was involved and/or injured.

Click on the green Next icon to go to the Product tab. Here, report the product specifications such as brand name, model number and UPC code. If photos are available, upload them on this page. Continue through the pages to give contact information, review the report and consent and submit. The website also has a video, “How to Submit a Report on SaferProducts.gov,” which illustrates in detail how fill out a report form online.

Learn more about Electrical

Related Questions