Remove a red wine stain from upholstery by soaking up as much of the wine as possible, and then use a liquid detergent mixed with water to rub the stain away. When tackling carpet stains, take a similar approach, but use liquid hand washing detergent, vinegar and warm water.
To remove red wine stains from upholstery:
- Soak up the liquid Try to soak up as much of the red wine as possible with a sponge or cloth.
- Clean it with hand washing detergent and cool water Mix 2 cups of cool water with one tablespoon of hand washing detergent. Add the solution to a clean white cloth, rinse it and use it to sponge the stain. Continue blotting it until all the liquid absorbs and the stain disappears.
To remove red wine stains from carpets:
- Soak up the liquid Using a sponge or cloth, soak up as much of the red wine as possible.
- Use a solution to clean the stain Mix 2 cups of warm water with 1 tablespoon of vinegar and 1 tablespoon of hand washing detergent. Take a white cloth and apply small amounts of the solution to the stain at a time. Dab it until the stain disappears complete.
- Sponge the area with cold water When the stain disappears, sponge it with cold water and allow it to dry completely.