Remove mold from untreated wood by mixing a solution of chlorine bleach, liquid dish detergent and water. Scrub the wood with this solution, and rinse it thoroughly. Repeat until the mold stains are removed.Continue Reading
In a well-ventilated area, carefully pour 1 quart of 5.25 percent sodium hypochlorite chlorine bleach into a bucket.
Slowly combine 1 ounce of ammonia-free liquid dish detergent. Never mix an ammonia-based solution with bleach, as it creates toxic fumes.
Dilute the solution by adding 3 quarts of water into the bucket. Slowly stir with a wooden spoon until the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
To prevent inhalation of harmful mold spores, wear an N-95 respirator mask, available at most hardware stores. Protect your eyes with a standard pair of swimming goggles. Prevent accidental chemical burns by wearing elbow-length rubber gloves and pants.
Carefully pour the solution directly on the mold. Liberally apply the mixture so all affected areas are drenched. Let the cleaning solution rest for 15 minutes.
Pour clean water over the application area to wash away the initial solution.
Pour the remaining solution over the affected area and vigorously scrub with a heavy-duty sponge to assist in spore removal. Allow the mixture to rest for 15 minutes before rinsing with fresh water.