Grout sealer stains can be cleaned off ceramic tiles by using cleaning agents such as water, vinegar or alkaline based cleaners. Expert tile installers use stronger cleaning agents such as acids that they dilute to remove grout sealer stains. This method, however, should be left to the experts as such cleaning agents are dangerous and may cause injury if not handled correctly.
Grout sealer stains that have set on tiles can be quite stubborn and difficult to remove. The stain will be even more difficult to remove if the grout is polymer modified. The grout stains are easier to remove from nonporous ceramics, such as glazed tiles. while it is more difficult to remove from porous tiles. The following shows some of the ways to remove grout sealer stains from ceramic tiles.
- Check a nylon scrub pad, which will be used in cleaning the stain, to make sure that it will not scratch the surface of the tile.
- Pour the alkaline-based cleaner on the stained area and try to scrub the stain off with the nylon scrub pad.
- Repeat until the stain has been completely removed.
Water and vinegar
- Mix 1 part vinegar with 1 part water.
- Pour the solution on the stained tile and then try to scrub the stain off with a scrubbing pad.
- Repeat the process until the stain comes off.