To repair carpet with glue, remove the damaged area and glue a patch of carpet to make the carpet look new again. Make sure you are using a glue that is made for use with carpet fibers and backing.
- Fluff up the carpet fibers around the stained or burnt area before cutting.
- Align the carpet cutter over the spot and push it down into the carpet.
- Rotate the cutter back and forth several times to cut out the patch of carpet.
- Remove the carpet piece.
- Using a remnant for tracing, cut a new carpet piece.
- Apply carpet glue to the backside of the carpet piece.
- Insert the carpet piece into the cut-away spot.
- Push the carpet piece down firmly so the glue adheres to the carpet pad.