Lysol's primary chemical is benzalkonium chloride, which is slightly toxic to humans. It also contains a high amount of ethanol, and it contains ammonium hydroxide.
Lysol is a common disinfectant used in America, as it is very effective at killing germs. It claims that it can kill 99.9 percent of viruses, bacteria, mold and mildew. However, the ethanol and the ammonium hydroxide in it can be toxic to humans, making it important that Lysol be used carefully. Lysol should not be used around children. In addition, any toys sprayed with Lysol must be rinsed in warm water before children play with them.