Always use chemical resistant gloves when working with polyurethane. If you do get some of the sticky substance on your hands, mineral spirits, followed by moisturizing lotion, baby oil, soap or peanut butter, can be used to remove it. Using acetone or paint thinner is a last resort.Continue Reading
Over an empty sink, in a ventilated area and away from open flame, carefully rub solvent over hands, or use a shop rag with a small amount of spirits to wipe your hands.
Immediately wash your hands with soap and warm water. Try a dish soap, such as Dawn, to break down the sticky polyurethane. Rinse your hands and dry them.
If you still have some sticky spots on your hands, try rubbing baby oil, moisturizing lotion or peanut butter onto them. Lather them as you would with soap. Rinse again with dish soap and warm water.
Once polyurethane is removed, your hands may be dried out from excessive washing. Apply some hand lotion to soften the skin.
Memory foam pillows are made from polyurethane and cannot be washed. Memory foam pillows are not made for the washer or dryer and must not come into contact with liquid.Full Answer >
For safe mold remediation, arm yourself with goggles, gloves and special N-95 or P-100 respirators, especially in extreme cases. Wash the mold off infected areas using a 1-to-8 bleach/water solution. This removes mold from many common household surfaces in a matter of minutes.Full Answer >
Antifreeze is extremely toxic, so rubber gloves should be worn when cleaning an antifreeze spill, using sawdust or cat litter to soak up the spillage itself, before disposing of material used to soak up the liquid in sealed plastic bags. If spilled outside on a driveway, then antifreeze can be hosed onto a lawn, where the soil will absorb the toxins.Full Answer >
To clean a bird bath, put on rubber gloves, dump the dirty water, remove any contaminants, clean the birdbath with a water and bleach solution, and rinse it well. Allow the birdbath to dry, and refill it with clean water.Full Answer >