A partition wall is a non-load-bearing wall that divides any interior space. Partition walls include static walls built onto the existing framed walls in the space or moveable features that slide on rails or roll on casters.
Partition walls are useful for changing the layout and functionality of a space. Ways partition walls can be used include:
- Creating individual cubicles in a large office space.
- Providing a quieter reading or tutoring space in a classroom or library.
- Dividing a shared bedroom into two separate areas for added privacy.
- Partitioning a studio apartment to separate the sleeping and living areas.
- Using pre-fabricated walls and screens to hide storage space.