Ozone at concentrations that are dangerous to people might kill some molds. However, molds growing in porous materials such as ceiling tiles and clothing are unlikely to be killed by even extremely high concentrations of ozone inside an ozone chamber.
Mold experts point out that even if ozone was effective in killing mold, killing mold inside a building is not a desirable outcome. Dead mold dries out and releases spores into the air. The mold spores are what cause health problems in susceptible people.
Ozone is a toxic respiratory irritant. It causes coughing, throat irritation and lung inflammation. Repeated exposure to ozone may cause scarring of the lungs.