Ozone is not an effective substance for use in killing any kind of mold, as it has proven to have little to no positive impact on killing either airborne or surface mold contamination. Ozone is actually more harmful than helpful, as it is a proven lung irritant.
Ozone is included in some air cleaners with the suggestion that it can help eliminate mold. Even with any potential positive effects, a thorough cleaning of any area containing mold is critical. Ozone may be somewhat useful for eliminating odors, but health officials warm strongly against its use because it irritates the respiratory system.