As of July 2014, two basic Royal Bayreuth pottery marks have been in use since 1968. One mark features an artist's palette with the words "Tettau Atelier," and the other mark has two lions holding a banner in between them with a "T" on the banner and the words "Royal Bayreuth Bavaria" surrounding the lions. Royal Bayreuth porcelain has been made since 1794 in Tettau, Bavaria, Germany.
A stylized "T" mark was the only way to identify Royal Bayreuth porcelain from 1794 to 1885. Then, from 1885 until 1902, a single lion appeared. For the rest of the 20th century, dual lions adorned many of Royal Bayreuth's pieces. Several versions of the "T" and the lion appear on pieces from the 20th century, but the word "Tettau" identifies the porcelain as coming from Royal Bayreuth's factory. Pieces from the late 1940s include the phrase "U.S. Zone" because American troops occupied Bavaria following World War II.
Royal Bayreuth started making pottery in 1794 in Bavaria with the permission of Prussian King Friedrich Wilhem II. The pottery manufacturer is the oldest privately held porcelain factory in Bavaria. The company produces dinnerware, tea sets and dining accessories. Other porcelain pieces include stylized figurines like ladybugs, devils, flowers, chickens and other farm animals.