F. B. Rogers Silver Co. was founded in Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts in 1883. Among other trademarks, the company used a crown with the numbers 18 on the left and 83 on the right to reference its date of origin. The words "S. Falls" were also sometimes included on the trademark.
In 1886, F.B. Rogers came under the control of two new owners, Edmund W. Porter and L.B. West. They incorporated the company and moved operations to Taunton, Massachusetts, known as "Silver City" because of the extensive silvercraft operations in the community. Porter and West renamed the firm West Silver Company.
When West and Porter retired and sold West Silver Company, William Davison, Carleton A. Woodward and H.E. Nearing acquired the firm. Under their control, the company name reverted to F.B. Rogers.
In 1943, company operations relocated to a site on West Water Street in Taunton formerly used by the Weir Stove Company. The historic site was demolished in 2009. In 1955, F.B. Rogers became a division of the National Silver Company.
Throughout its history, F.B. Rogers was best known for producing silver plate products, rather than higher-quality sterling silver pieces. Silver plate items generally have low monetary value as collectibles.