Some highly rated weed wackers include models from brands like Stihl, Husqvarna, Echo and Kawasaki, states Popular Mechanics. These power tools are used in conjunction with a lawn mower for yard work.
A quality weed wacker is an excellent tool for the homeowner's arsenal. It trims yard edges, controls weeds and can even help mow small, difficult to reach areas of the yard. Good trimmers should be durable, low decibel and ergonomic, notes Popular Mechanics.
- Echo SRM-225i: Weighing in at 14 lbs., this gas trimmer offers plenty of power and lasting efficiency.
- Hitachi CG22EASSLP: The Hitachi is lighter at 10 lbs., but still offers a lot of the power of a gas-fueled motor.
- Husqvarna 223L: The Husqvarna is a close second to the Echo. A gas engine, weighing 10 lbs., the Husqvarna starts easily and produces little vibration up the arm.
- Kawasaki KTF27B: The Kawasaki weighs in at 12 lbs. and is gas fueled. It starts quickly, offers little vibration and features a big air filter.
- RedMax TR2350S: This light 10=lb. gas engine model is capable of trimming everything from weeds to seedlings. It also features a stiff noise reducing trimmer line.
- Stihl FS 56 RC-E: The 13-lb. Stihl offers a number of adjustable options, like the three position choke lever. It also cuts well through brush and weeds, but can vibrate a lot.