Which Government Office Can You Ask for Images of Common Oak Tree Diseases?

The United States Forest Service provides information and images of common oak tree diseases on its website FS.fed.us, as of 2015. In addition, the Cooperative Extension System under the United States Department of Agriculture’s Land Grant program offers specific regional information on oak diseases.

A key aspect of the Forest Service is to educate the public, and its website helps serve that purpose. For example, a search for “oak diseases” on FS.fed.us results in web page links and PDF documents with images of various forms of oak disease. Researchers can also find images on their local Cooperative Extension, also referred to as the County Extension, for location-specific oak diseases. Users can locate their nearest extension on the USDA’s website, NIFA.USDA.gov, which provides an interactive Partners & Extension map.