A fleur de lis mark on Capodimonte porcelain signifies its origin as the Royal Factory, established by King George VII, in Naples, Italy. There were two distinct fleur de lis marks used by the Royal Factory.
The earliest Capodimonte wares bare no markings. In the mid-1700s, the first fleur de lis was used for wares crafted at the Royal Factory. The second fleur de lis is thinner than the first. Both styles were stamped in either blue or gold on the bottom of the piece. The fleur de lis was replaced in 1771 by the crown over the Neopolitan N mark. Most Capodimonte porcelain wares marked with the fleur de lis are in museums or private collections.