William A. Rogers, an American silversmith, designed and manufactured silverware under the "Wm. Rogers" mark and its variations until about 1840. After that time, many companies, including International Silver, Oneida and Simpson, Hall and Miller Company appropriated the William Rogers name.
After Rogers' death in 1873, the task of identifying the designer for patterns under his mark is difficult. The brand, first acquired by Simpson, Hall and Miller in 1878, appeared as "Wm. Rogers" surrounded by a star and eagle. The mark "Wm. Rogers Mfg Co" was used by the Rogers family until it was acquired by International Silver. The mark "Wm. A. Rogers" is owned by Oneida.