What Are Some Common Repairs for an American Standard Faucet?

An American Standard faucet that experiences leakages can be repaired by replacing the cartridge inside. Leaking from under the spout can be corrected by replacing the o-rings under the spout. If this repair does not stop the leakage from the spout, it may indicate that the diverter is stuck.

The presence of water in the side spray requires repairs to the stuck diverter. The diverter is at the rear end of the valve body when the spout is pulled off. The cartridge is accessed by removing the set screw, accessible through a hole located in the rear of the faucet. The handle slides off, and the cap is removed exposing the cartridge.