Antifreeze is extremely toxic, so rubber gloves should be worn when cleaning an antifreeze spill, using sawdust or cat litter to soak up the spillage itself, before disposing of material used to soak up the liquid in sealed plastic bags. If spilled outside on a driveway, then antifreeze can be hosed onto a lawn, where the soil will absorb the toxins.Continue Reading
Antifreeze is dangerous due to the fact it contains ethylene glycol. If ingested, this can cause severe damage to internal organs, as well as death. Animals are often attracted to the sweet smell of antifreeze spills, which means regardless of where a spillage occurs, the following measures should always be taken:
Make sure to remove any animals or children from the area as soon as possible, and prevent access to the spillage. Make sure rubber gloves are worn before applying an absorbent material, such as sand, to soak up the majority of the spillage.
Once the majority of the antifreeze has been soaked up by the porous material, remove it and place it in a plastic bag. Use warm water and soap to scrub the stain spot, making sure to dispose of the sponge or scourer in a plastic bag. Avoid tipping any cleaning water down the drain, instead disposing of it on lawn or grass.
To clean mildew off painted walls, wear rubber gloves, then mix 3/4 cup bleach with 1 gallon of water, and apply to the surface with a soft brush. A nuisance and a potential hazard to the health of the whole family, mold forms quickly on damp walls, especially in areas of poor ventilation. According to Good Housekeeping, it is important to clean the surface at the first sign of mold growth.Full Answer >
According to WebMD, cat vomiting up clear liquid indicates mild intestinal distress, especially when caused by fibrous material the cat has swallowed, such as long fur, grass or string; cats cannot digest such material. Often such matter passes straight through the cat intact, but if it gets stuck in the stomach, it may get hacked back up through the mouth.Full Answer >
Whether you are removing dried caulking from a fiberglass bathtub to repair the joint between it and the wall or removing it due to a spill, the process is the same. Use a chemical caulk remover to soften the bond.Full Answer >
The first step in cleaning up a gas spill is to absorb it with a clay-type cat litter, sand, baking soda or a commercial absorbent. After the gas has been soaked up, contact a local fire department to find out the rules about disposing of this type of material because rules vary depending on the state.Full Answer >