If you have a Crystal Mountain water cooler in your home or place of business, it is important that you keep it cleaned and sanitized. To clean the cooler, you need vinegar, a bucket, cup, another container, clean cloth and clean water.
- Unplug the base of the water cooler and remove the water bottle
Unplug the base to make sure the water cooler does not have power. Remove the bottle by lifting it straight out of the base.
- Drain the remaining water in the base using the faucets
If your cooler has a hot water feature, turn the hot water tank switch to off and allow two hours for the water to cool before draining it.
- Drain the remaining water from the cooler
Place the container at the rear of the cooler and unplug the drain plug.
- Remove the ring on top of the base
Find the white plastic pin located at the top and back of the cooler. Pull the pin out, put it in a safe place and turn the ring counterclockwise to remove it. Put the drain plug back in the base, and then unscrew and remove the baffle disk. Place the disk aside.
- Mix one gallon of clean, lukewarm water with 1 ½ tablespoons vinegar in the bucket
Pour the mixture into the reservoir and leave it in for five minutes. Dip a cloth into the mixture. Wipe the components and baffle disk with the cloth.
- Unplug the drain plug and drain the reservoir
Flush the reservoir with clean water three times. Rinse the baffle disk and the faucets with clean water. Plug the drain.
- Put the cooler back together
Place a new water bottle on the base and draw one cup of water from each faucet. Plug the cooler back into the outlet.