The yellow armpit stains on T-shirts are not caused by sweat, but by the aluminum ingredient in antiperspirants. These stains can be cleaned by products such as OxiClean.
The amount of aluminum in antiperspirants varies on the strength classification of the deodorant. Advanced deodorants that reduce wetness by an additional 40 percent have larger quantities of aluminum. When people do start sweating while wearing these high aluminum antiperspirants, the shirts will become stained.
OxiClean is one of the most effective cleaners to remove yellow stains on shirts. Unlike bleach, which is not effective for yellow stains, OxiClean can be used for any color of shirt. To get rid of armpit stains, follow these steps:
- Fill a sink with warm water.
- Add one scoop of OxiClean to the sink.
- Submerge stained shirt in the water.
- For mild stains, let the shirt soak for an hour.
- For severe stains, let the shirt sit overnight.