Where Can You Purchase a Water Heater Drip Pan?


Quick Answer

The Home Depot, Lowe's, Grainger and SupplyHouse.com sell water heater drip pans in multiple sizes made from aluminium or plastic. Many municipal building codes require that a drip pan and drain line be installed under water heaters to prevent flooding in case of a leak or rupture.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Follow all building code requirements when installing drip panes and drain lines. Drip pans usually come with a PVC valve kit for draining. If there is no hole in the side of the pan, drill one of the appropriate size. Install the valve and connect either a rubber hose or a PVC tube long enough to reach a floor drain or the building's exterior, depending on the code requirements. Position the drip pan where the water heater can be set inside it.

Learn more about Appliances

Related Questions