Q:

Where can pre-owned furniture be found for sale online?

A:

Quick Answer

There are a number of online locations where shoppers can find pre-owned furniture, such as Etsy, Cherish, Krrb and Craigslist, according to Buzzfeed. While Etsy and Cherish offer national listings, Krrb and Craigslist provide more local listings for shoppers.

Continue Reading
Where can pre-owned furniture be found for sale online?
Credit: Paul Bradbury OJO Images Getty Images

Full Answer

Etsy has a wide selection of used and vintage furniture available, but it can be somewhat hard to browse the site to find exactly what a shopper may be looking for. To help locate a piece, the site provides a search feature that narrows down the search using a number of variables. These variables include, price, color and shipping locations. There's even a useful ship-to option that allows purchasers to ship to pre-set locations near their homes to save on overall shipping costs.

Cherish, like Etsy, has a large inventory that's available nationally. The site serves as middleman between sellers and buyers, allowing sellers to post a photo of the item for sale along with the item price. The buyer purchases the item at the posted price, but the seller only receives 80 percent of the purchase amount, with the remaining 20 percent going to Cherish. Cherish does handle shipping costs though.

For local purchases, Craigslist is a common site to purchase pre-owned furniture. Craigslist serves as an online bulletin board, allowing sellers to list their furniture for sale in a localized area. Arrangements are made with sellers to collect the items. Krrb also handles local sales, but is more of an aggregator of sales items than a seller itself. The site collects sales information from a variety of sources, providing users with a wider base of items to choose from.

Learn more about Furniture
Sources:

Related Questions

Explore