Where Can You Find European Kitchen Appliances for Commercial Use?


Quick Answer

Most European built, commercially-rated cooking equipment can be ordered through any major restaurant equipment dealer. Due to relatively low demand and lack of familiarity, most American restaurant equipment dealers do not keep such equipment in their inventories, as of 2015. Most of the European manufacturers do maintain stateside inventory.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Finding European-built restaurant equipment can be a daunting task. While there are several large dealers of equipment and supplies around the country, few, if any of them actually keep European brands in their inventories. This is mainly due to a long-established preference for, and familiarity with, known American brands, such as True Refrigeration, Blodgett, Alto Shaam or Southbend.

However, European manufacturers have recognized a small but growing demand for their products. As a result, many of them have established warehouses in the United States, where they maintain stateside inventories of their more popular models. This allows for relatively quick delivery times of approximately a week or less, as opposed to a month or more to ship from Germany or Italy.

Restaurant owners or chefs must make sure any equipment purchased, whether powered by electricity or gas, meets the requirements and ratings of commercial food service facilities. Attempting to use non-commercial appliances in such an environment could void any warranty protection, and possibly create difficulties with insurance claims in the event of an incident.

Learn more about Appliances

Related Questions