What Do You Call the Three Long Parts Inside the Drum of a Dryer?


Quick Answer

The common term for the long, thin piece inside of the drum of a dryer is a fin, but the technical term is a baffle. Baffles are typically made of plastic.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Baffles help turn clothes over in the dryer as the drum spins. This allows the heat to reach more of the surface of the clothing, which decreases drying time. Baffles are either built into the drum of a dryer, or they are snap-in models. Many of the problematic noises that occur in dryers are due to different items trapped in the baffles, or occasionally a loose or broken baffle. Baffles are some of the easiest dryer parts to replace or fix when they break.

Learn more about Washers & Dryers

Related Questions