What Are the Dangers of Bubble Christmas Lights?

Bubble Christmas lights have chemical components that are dangerous to the body if swallowed, spilled or inhaled. As reported by the National Capital Poison Center, broken casings of the lights easily cause cuts to children and adults alike.

The fluid in the bubble lights contains toxic methylene chloride which irritates soft skin and the eyes. According to KidsHealth, the fluid causes body poisoning and cardiac problems if swallowed. The lead used to make the wire coatings of the lights causes hazardous lead exposure if broken. The fragility of the casings in the lights makes them prone to breakages that cause injury and chemical exposure.