To make a movie themed gift basket, gather specific items that match the movie's theme and place them together in a large basket, then wrap with gift wrap and present to the receiver. Movie-themed gift baskets can be made for any movie.
There are many occasions appropriate for making a movie-themed gift basket, usually when a typical gift basket wouldn't be the best option. The occasion may determine what type or specific movie is chosen. To make a movie-themed gift basket, the following supplies will be needed:
- Basket of choice - the size will determine the amount of items added, and baskets that look like large popcorn tubs are ideal for this.
- Popcorn in small bags or a Jiffy Pop container
- Various movie theater candies - some examples are M&Ms, gummy bears, licorice, snow caps, raisinets and milk duds. The majority of these can be purchased at Wal-Mart for under one dollar.
- Personalized options can include a mug or coupons for a movie on Netflix
- Plastic or sheer gift wrap, about 1 yard
- Ensure that each item is individually wrapped, and place into the movie basket (or bucket).
- Organize so that smaller items are in front and visible, with larger items in the back.
- Display the larger items in the back to form a line behind the smaller items, only one item thick, and form a "row" from the back of the basket to the middle sides.
- Place the entire basket in the middle of the gift wrap and pull wrapping up and around sides to meet at the top. Twist the top and tie with a ribbon.