Some appropriate verses to write on a handmade card include, "You deserve everything happy, wishing you that all year long," and "This getting older stuff isn't for sissies. Glad I have a friend like you to go first," as noted on Hallmark.com. The last verse is intended for a belated birthday greeting.
There are many special verses to use for handmade cards. The key is to find a short verse that is appropriate for the occasion, notes AmericanGreetings.com.
- Someone's 30th Birthday: "The perfect age is 30. You're old enough to afford the good stuff and still young enough to enjoy it!"
- Mother's Day: "My doctor, my hairdresser, my counselor, my friend ... I can't thank you enough for everything, Mom, because 'everything' just keeps getting better!"
- General Card: "Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or an idiot from any direction."
- Birthday: "If life were a sitcom, you'd be the witty, glamorous friend and I'd be the dorky sidekick. And I don't mind that at all. I hope you have a great birthday."
- Mom's Birthday or Mother's Day: "In my heart, I have every hug you ever gave me, and sometimes they still get me through."
- Over the Hill: "You know you're old when you remember when the Dead Sea was just ill."