What Is a 125-Year Anniversary Called?


Quick Answer

A 125-year anniversary is called a quasquicentennial. This word is pronounced 'kwos-kwi-sen-ten-ee-uhl' and it may be used as a noun or an adjective.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

A centennial is 100 years and a sesquicentennial is 150 years. At 175 years, the anniversary is known as the quartoseptennial anniversary.

A 200-year anniversary is called a bicentennial. At the 250-year mark, the anniversary is called a semiquincentennial. 300 years is called a tercentennial anniversary, and 500 a year anniversary is called the quincentennial.

Each 1,000-year anniversary has the term 'millennial' at the end. For example, 1,000 years would be millennial, 2,000 years is bimillennial and 3,000 years is trimillennial.

Learn more about Anniversaries

Related Questions