The rules for Catch Phrase include playing as a team, not revealing the first letter of the word, avoiding rhyming words and not saying any part of the word out loud. Each team scores a point when the other team runs out of time.
How to play Catch Phrase:
- Turn the game on, and choose a category.
- The first team takes their turn by having one player give clues about the phrase on the screen. If the other player correctly guesses the phrase, the game is handed off to the other team.
- These actions continue until the buzzer goes off.
- Whichever team is not holding the game when the buzzer goes off gets a point.
- The first team to score seven points, wins the game.