To make Minnie Mouse ears some firm black felt, a polka dotted ribbon, two black headbands and a warm glue gun will be needed; the felt can then be cut into shape using a printout template and combined with the headbands to make a wearable set of ears. Using these everyday materials, a set of Minnie Mouse ears can be made quickly and easily.
The Minnie Mouse ears can be made by following these easy instructions:
- Download a Minnie Mouse ear template from the Disney website.
- Print out the template, then use it to cut out the ear shapes from the felt using the scissors. Cut two ear templates for each headband.
- Take the center portion of the first ear piece and, using the hot glue, attach it to the underside of the first headband.
- Glue the round edges of the ear piece together, while ensuring all the edges match up correctly.
- Repeat the process in order to attach the second ear piece to the first headband, making sure to leave a gap between both the ears (around 3 to 4 inches).
- Take the second headband and attach the remaining two ear pieces in the same fashion as the first.
- To finish both sets of ears, take the polka dotted ribbon and tie a large bow on the headband in the space between both ears.