Some horseshoe craft ideas include making a 'Lucky' horseshoe sign, candleholder and decorative plate holders, according to FaveCrafts. There are project ideas for horseshoes suitable to every level, from children to adult welders.
Craft projects can be made with new horseshoes or used horseshoes. When working used horseshoes, crafters should take extra care to remove rust and dirt.
- Horseshoe coat rack: This project is ideal for beginner welders and is made by welding a horseshoe perpendicular to another horseshoe. Multiple shoes can be welded together to create the coat rack which is nailed to the wall.
- Horseshoe bookends: Welders can make this simple project with four horseshoes. Just weld two horseshoes together at right angles.
- Horseshoe picture frame: Even kids can make this picture frame project, no welding required. A horseshoe is decorated with paint and glitter and then, a cardboard backed picture is glued to the horseshoe.
- Horseshoe plate holder: Crafters can make a holder for decorative plates with a new horseshoe nailed to the side of a block of wood. A long wooden board nailed to the other side of the block serves as a plate support.
- Horseshoe candle holder: A long plank of wood with several votive candle sized impressions drilled into it makes a nice candle holder. A pair of horseshoes nailed to each end of the wood plank make the perfect set of legs for this holder.
- Lucky horseshoe sign: Make a lucky horseshoe craft in the form of a pallet sign with the word 'Lucky' painted on it. Use the horseshoe to make the letter 'U' in the word.