One elephant joke is: "What did the grape say when the elephant sat on him? Nothing. He just let out a little wine." More elephant jokes using trunks in the punch line include "Why couldn't the two elephants go swimming together? Because they only had one pair of trunks" and "Why won't lifeguards allow elephants in public swimming pools? Because they might let down their trunks."
Additional elephant jokes are:
- "Which animals were the last to leave Noah's Ark? The elephants because they had such big trunks to pack."
- "Why do elephants have trunks? Because they would look pretty stupid with glove compartments or rear view mirrors."
- "What do you get when you cross an elephant with a rhinoceros? Elephino."
- "What do you call an elephant that doesn't matter? An irrelephant."
- "Why do the elephants have short tails? Because they can't remember long stories."
- "What do you get when you cross an elephant with a fish? Swimming trunks."
- "What do you get when you cross an elephant and a dairy cow? Peanut butter."