How Do You Enter a Horse for a Race at Aqueduct Racetrack?


Quick Answer

To enter a horse to run at Aqueduct Racetrack in New York state, you must apply for and be granted an NYS Racing License. This license includes a background check and identifies the horses you intend to race in New York state in a given licensing year.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

To race horses in New York state, owners are required to hold a state racing license. Featuring renewal for up to three years, the application requires a criminal background check and payment of annual fees up to $390. The application also requires owners to list employees and other consultants planning to work at the track. Owners must apply for workers’ compensation coverage if necessary, identify any horses they intend to race in New York state and identify the horses' owners. In addition to a completed application and required fees, owners must submit two passport photos and be fingerprinted. Owners may also have to submit New York State Racing & Wagering Board license applications, Parental Consent Forms and certifications of compliance.

Once the New York Gaming Commission grants horse owners permission to race, owners must pay entry fees, submit documentation to identify each horse entered in a race, submit health checks and other medical certifications, and pay stable fees.

Learn more about Contests & Gambling

Related Questions