Where Can You Exchange Foreign Coins?


Quick Answer

Foreign coins can often be exchanged for U.S. legal tender at currency exchanges in airports, foreign exchange companies, and large banks, according to USA Today. Not all of these institutions will provide exchange services for coins and those that do will often charge a fee for the transaction.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

An additional method of exchanging foreign coins, according to the USA Today site, is to find other travelers heading to the country in which the foreign currency is used, and then trading with them directly for U.S currency. Coin dealers may be interested in purchasing the money as well, depending on their market value to collectors.

Learn more about Coins & Currency

Related Questions