Where Do You Buy Museum Putty?


Quick Answer

Museum putty is available from many sources, both online companies and brick-and-mortar stores. One of the most well-known sources for internet orders is Amazon.com, using the search term "museum putty". Home Depot and Lowe's are two familiar national chain stores which stock museum putty.

Continue Reading
Where Do You Buy Museum Putty?
Credit: Westend61 Westend61 Getty Images

Full Answer

Museum putty is also sold by other types of retailers in addition to the home improvement stores. Hobby stores like Michael's, JoAnn's, and even WalMart keep museum putty on hand. On the internet, museum putty is available on eBay and on Improvementscatalog.com. The Container Store allows purchases to be ordered online and picked up at a local store location.

Museum putty is usually thought of as a material used to secure breakable collectibles where they are displayed. Another common use for museum putty is in furnishing doll houses, where it keeps the tiny tables and chairs in place, but is removable so that repositioning them is easy.

The most frequently seen color of museum putty is beige, but it is also available as clear gel. It is easy to use. A small amount rolled between the fingers and applied to the bottom of a collectible holds the item in its place. Several different brands are available, such as Quakehold Museum Putty and Collectors' Hold Museum Putty by Ready America.

Learn more about Pottery & Ceramics

Related Questions