The Panzer IV was a German-made heavy tank used as a support vehicle for the lighter Mark III tank in World War II. It was in production from 1936-1945.
The Panzer IV was twenty feet six inches in length, nine feet six inches in width and stood nine feet high. Standard crew size consisted of five men: the commander, gunner, loader, driver and the radio operator.
Packing more firepower than previous models and weighing in at twenty-three tons, this tank was primarily used to combat enemy armor. It was known for having good mobility and high velocity of its main gun.