What Types of Doctors Help With Back Pain?


Quick Answer

Doctors who help patients with back pain include primary physicians, doctors of osteopathic medicine, chiropractors, neurologists and rheumatologists, according to Spine-health. Patients can also seek help from internists, physiatrists, surgeons, physical therapists and occupational therapists when coping with back pain.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Patients primarily begin treatment with a primary care physician to determine if consulting with a spine specialist is necessary, explains Spine-health. Spine specialists may refer patients to surgeons, anesthesiologists or clinical psychologists to help patients cope with pain and determine appropriate treatments. Back pain that is temporary does not always require treatment, but patients who experience tingling, numbness or increased pain should consult with a physician, recommends WebMD.

Learn more about Pain & Symptoms

Related Questions