What Type of Specialist Do You See for Headaches?


Quick Answer

Patients who are experiencing severe headaches and migraines may need to see a neurologist, states Everyday Health. Patients who experience frequent headaches or who take over-the-counter medication for their headaches at least 10 days each month may also need to see a neurologist.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Most patients with headaches can first see their family doctor, according to Everyday Health. A family doctor can provide patients with treatment options that may reduce their headaches and their symptoms. However, if the headaches do not go away or get worse, then it may be time to see a neurologist to determine the root cause of the headaches.

Learn more about Conditions & Diseases

Related Questions