What Type of Doctor Treats Crohn's Disease?


Quick Answer

Gastroenterologists typically treat patients with Crohn's disease, explains Healthline. These doctors specialize in the treatment of digestive system conditions. Ideally, a patient should seek Crohn's disease treatment from a gastroenterologist with a sub-specialty in inflammable bowel diseases, especially one with Fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology credentials.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Gastroenterologists who work within inflammable bowel disease centers at teaching hospitals are especially equipped to treat Crohn's disease patients because they are up to date with the latest advancements in inflammable bowel treatment, according to Healthline. Should a patient require surgery, the colorectal surgeons at these centers have particular experience in performing inflammable bowel syndrome-related procedures.

Learn more about Gastrointestinal Issues

Related Questions