What Type of Clinical Trial Treatments Are Available at SAMHSA Health Agencies?


Quick Answer

As of October 2015, the website for the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, or SAMHSA, only links to other agencies, such as the National Institute of Mental Health, that perform clinical trials. The NIMH offers clinical trials for adults and children.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

There are both federal and privately funded clinical trials performed at the National Institutes of Health and at other clinics across the country, reports the NIMH. These trials study various diseases and conditions, depending on the current studies available. The NIMH recommends browsing ClinicalTrials.gov to view available studies.

At ClinicalTrials.gov, people can search for ongoing studies by entering the type of study they seek, along with the location where they want to participate. For example, a person may enter "asthma" and "Arkansas" to find any asthma studies in that area.

Once the person searches, if items come up on the list, the status of each item either says it is in the recruitment stage, complete or terminated, according to Clinical Trials website. The website lists the condition and name of the study next to the status and rank of the trial. If trial tests drugs, the NIH identifies the type of drug in the interventions section, under the name of the study.

Learn more about Mental Health

Related Questions