Q:

What is trisodium phosphate?

A:

Quick Answer

Trisodium phosphate is a strong, caustic chemical, poisonous when swallowed, inhaled, or large amounts make contact with the skin, according to MedlinePlus. It is found in products including toilet bowl cleansers, automatic dishwashing soaps, industrial cleaning agents and flooring stripping fluids. Poisoning symptoms include burns, blindness, and severe throat pain.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

Trisodium phosphate poisoning victims may experience a rapid drop in blood pressure; they may go into shock and collapse, according to MedlinePlus. Before contacting 911 or poison control, the caller should have available the patient's age, weight and physical condition, as well as the name, time and amount of the product ingested. The information assists first responders in rendering quick and effective treatment.

Learn more about Medications & Vitamins
Sources:

Related Questions

Explore