To teach the recline twist in yoga, be sure to get a comfortable place on the floor or a yoga mat. Shift your hips to the right by lifting your hips and moving them to the right. Move your right thigh over your left thigh with your knees resting on the right side of your body. Bend your arms at the elbows so that your arms are parallel to one another. Hold the pose for 5 to 10 breaths. Repeat the process on the left side of your body. Repeat the pose as desired. One repetition for both sides of the body takes approximately two minutes.
- Demonstrate shifting your hips to the right
While lying on your back lift your hips from the floor and shift them to the right.
- Demonstrate positioning your right thigh over your left thigh
Move your right thigh so that it is positioned over your left thigh. Your knees should be resting right of your body.
- Demonstrate bending your elbows
Your arms should be bent at the elbows while your forearms remain parallel.
- Demonstrate holding the pose
Take 10 breaths while holding your position
- Demonstrate repeating the process on the left side of your body
Repeat the entire procedure on the left side of your body.