What Specialists Treat Burning Pain in the Knee?


Quick Answer

Specialists who treat burning pain in the knee are an orthopaedist, physiatrist or a rheumatologist, according to the National Institutes of Health. Treatment consists of a visit with the primary care physician, followed by a referral to one or more of these specialists.

Continue Reading
What Specialists Treat Burning Pain in the Knee?
Credit: melodija iStock / Getty Images Plus Getty Images

Full Answer

The most common disorder affecting the knees is arthritis, notes the NIH. A burning sensation in the knee can indicate the presence of iliotibial syndrome, a condition characterized by the bands of tissue rubbing the outer knee bone. The burning sensation often disappears with reducing exercise, stretching and strength training. If the condition persists, surgery is the next treatment option.

Learn more about Pain & Symptoms
Related Videos

Related Questions