What Specialist Provides Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction?


Quick Answer

Men who experience difficulty getting or keeping an erection should first consult their primary care physician. After examination, men with erectile dysfunction may be referred to a urologist, endocrinologist or mental health professional, according to Healthline.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Occasional erectile dysfunction can be caused by stress, tiredness or excessive alcohol intake, says WebMD. Failure to achieve and sustain penile erection more than 50 percent of the time may indicate a serious medical issue.

Many forms of erectile dysfunction can be treated with prescription Viagra or other oral medication, notes Mayo Clinic. Erectile dysfunction therapies include mechanical vacuum pumps, oral medication, sex therapy, penile injections and surgery. FDA-approved erectile dysfunction treatments may be covered by health insurance.

Learn more about Conditions & Diseases

Related Questions