When Should You See a Doctor About an Itchy Rash on Your Arms?


Quick Answer

A patient should see a doctor for an itchy rash when swelling around the lesions, fluid-filled blisters or pus appear, advises CNN Health. A doctor should also be called if the patient has been exposed to a person with a strep infection.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

If the rash does not start getting better within a few days, or it starts getting worse and home treatments are not helping, Health Central recommends consulting a doctor. If the rash is hindering the patient's ability to sleep or handle daily activities, a doctor may be able to provide relief. A doctor should also be called if the affected skin is changing to a different color or peeling, or if the rash has bleeding blisters.

Immediate medical care should be sought if the patient is experiencing a fever, a headache, a swollen tongue, a sore throat or joint pain, adds Health Central. Urgent medical assistance is also necessary if the rash has been developing quickly after an insect stung the patient or a short time after the patient ingested medicine or food. Emergency care should be sought if the patient is having difficulty breathing or swallowing, according to CNN Health.

Learn more about Skin Conditions

Related Questions